Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hungry Dog and Man Huddle Behind Grocery Store: Shopper Makes Their Day

Hungry Dog and Man Huddle Behind Grocery Store: Shopper Makes Their Day

Written by Amanda Mikalson of Washington
I live in a small rural community in Eastern Washington where, although there is homelessness, it isn’t discussed. Although our community has some resources and some very dedicated good hearts, help can be hard to come by. One day in the middle of summer last year as a storm was approaching, I saw a man walking down the highway into Colfax (one of the larger towns in Whitman County) with a small dog draped across his shoulders. I decided that if the man was still in town when I got out of physical therapy, I would do all I could to help him and his dog.

After an hour of physical therapy, I went to the local grocery store and asked some people if anyone had seen this man and his dog. Someone said that they thought he was behind the store with his dog. I would also like to note that no one really seemed to care that this man was homeless and alone. So it was then that I proceeded to buy a 12 pound bag of puppy chow, a large bottle of water, dog treats and a turkey sandwich. I then called my Mom to tell her where I would be just in case something went wrong (and since I am a woman and was alone).

Read more:
http://www.care2.com/causes/hungry-dog-and-man-huddle-behind-grocery-store-shopper-makes-their-day.html

Please Visit out website for an all natural healthy treat for your dog!!!
Go to http://www.To-Shea.com
American Made Pet Treats
Made in USA
Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment